INTERNAL/EXTERNAL RECRUITMENT -- DEADLINE TO APPLY: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2021
Housing Specialist II/Property Management – Yolo County Housing (YCH) is recruiting for the purpose of filling a current opening in their YCH Real Estate Services. Seeking organized, customer service oriented individuals who can multi-task. Candidates must be capable of managing multiple priorities, have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as good computer skills. Good business writing and math skills required. Bilingual preferred. Previous property management, public housing, voucher (Section 8) or eligibility experience a plus. Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalency 3 years of combined education and related experience required. Starting wage $20.78/hour + excellent benefit package.
1. Receive, review and process applications for housing assistance; determine eligibility within established guidelines; conduct credit, criminal and reference checks as required.
2. Establish and maintain wait lists for housing programs; notify applicants of housing availability.
3. Coordinate and conduct housing program briefings and/or unit walk through; explain program rules, regulations and requirements to applicants; issue vouchers or prepares leases for program participants.
4. Explain housing program requirements, rules and regulations to clients, customers, and/or rental property owners; calculate and/or negotiate property rental rates; make adjustments as required.
5. Calculate rent payments using established guidelines; reduce or increase rent and rent subsidies; process leases, extensions, contracts and terminations.
6. Process a variety of actions for housing program applicants, including transfers.
7. Prepare, process, and maintain a variety of notices, claim forms, reports, records, logs and files; schedule appointments and interviews.
8. Provide referral services to tenants regarding available community resources and available housing; work with other agencies to certify assistance for families.
9. Provide assistance in tenant and/or landlord dispute resolution.
10. Develop, maintain, and adhere to an annual budget for assigned public housing units (AMP); this includes mid-year review, adjustment to line items and re-submission for approval by the Program Supervisor and Finance Director.
11. Provide direction to assigned maintenance personnel; approve purchased items; and process all work orders in computerized system for rental properties.
12. Submit all purchase orders, invoices, and other required documents to accounts payable in a timely manner.
13. In accordance with Government Code 3100, perform the duties as disaster services worker as assigned in the event of a declared disaster or state of emergency by the Yolo County Housing Executive Director, Yolo County OES and/or the State of California DHS.
14. Perform all duties in a safe and conscientious manner following the YCH Injury Illness and Prevention Guidelines, reporting all injuries within 24 hours to your supervisor or member of the management team; reporting any safety concerns to your supervisor, member of the management team, or member of the YCH safety committee.
15. Abide by the YCH Risk Control Policy Statement assuring the highest level of safety and well being of residents, tenants, employees, volunteers and visitors, abiding by all applicable laws and regulations which govern the health and safety of all, and employing risk control methods where feasible to prevent and control losses. Report any observed or reported health, safety, and risk concerns to your supervisor, a member of the management team, or member of the YCH risk control committee.
16. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required and/or assigned.
Essential functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time in both indoor office and external housing environment. Have the hand strength and manual dexterity to operate keyboard equipment. Must be able to stretch, bend, and lift up to 25 pounds and climb stairs. Reasonable accommodations for physical requirements will be considered and made on a case-by-case basis. Requests for reasonable accommodations can be made to your supervisor or Human Resources.
Location of assignment to be determined; could be assigned to Winters, Woodland and/or West Sacramento.
Your application was submitted successfully.